Creatapack Limited is a family run manufacturer of paper and polythene packaging of over fifty years. Due to expansion, we are currently looking for a Flexographic Printer to join our team at our factory in Bridgwater, Somerset.
Key duties will include (but not exclusively):
- Setting up and operating flexographic Uteco
printing press, including (but not exclusively):
- Making ready the press.
- Loading and unloading of materials onto and off the press, ensuring that materials are ready for the ongoing production process.
- Collecting ink and printing plates.
- Registering of printing plates and checking of inks for colour, viscosity etc.
- Operating the press to achieve the required print design.
- Carrying out first off print inspections, identifying imperfections, alignment and other quality issues. Ensuring quality throughout the print run.
- Responsibility for efficiency and housekeeping
including (but not exclusively):
- Maintenance of the press, including (but not exclusively) roller and anilox preparation prior to printing.
- Management of ink stock levels.
- General housekeeping duties, including cleaning of ink trays, filing of printing plates and storage of inks.
- Support and help in the cross-training of other team members within the print process.
- All other duties commensurate with the post.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Ideally have some experience of operating Uteco printing presses and working with solvent based inks.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Be willing to work as part of a team and be willing to work in all areas of the factory as required.
- Be self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Have a flexible, positive attitude to the workplace.
- Have good time management skills.
- Have good communication skills.
The position will be full-time, Monday to Friday.
20 days holiday per year, excluding bank holidays.
Starting rate – £24,000-£28,000, dependent upon experience. Apply via email in the first instance to [email protected] (NO AGENCIES NEED APPLY).